- Give/Get Help
- Shelter Movement
- Global Resistance
- About Us
Escape an Abusive Man
Women! Has a man in your life ever: Hit you? Pushed you around? Called you names, such as stupid, ugly, crazy, nagging, etc? Stopped you from seeing your friends or leaving the house? Forced you to have sex when you did not want to? Asked you to perform sexual acts for cash? Done things to frighten you? Threatened you? You do not deserve to be treated this way!
Call Vancouver Rape Relief and Women's Shelter. Rape Relief operates a transition house for women and their children and a 24hr rape crisis line for women who are trying to prevent or escape male violence.
For help, information, and/or a place to stay while you get your plans together, call us:
Tel (604) 872-8212 - TDD (604) 877-0958
All our services are free and confidential.
How you can use us:
- Transition House - Safe shelter for women and children, free from attack or fear of attack.
- Crisis Line – Call us anytime. We take emergency calls 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Support groups – Break the isolation and share your experience with other women who can understand your situation. It’s important for women to share our stories, so that we can correct the myths and distortions about our lives, gain knowledge, and work for change. Learn more about Support Education and Action Group
- Advocacy and Accompaniment – We can provide you with information and resources for dealing with police, government ministries, social workers, courts, and/or hospitals. You can make an appointment to meet with us and benefit from our decades of experience. We can also come with you to your appointments and proceedings for emotional support and advocacy.
- Peer counseling – We do over the phone and face to face counseling to help you strategize and fight back.
- Free Legal Clinic – Call us to book an appointment with our lawyers. Learn more about the Legal Clinic
- Speakers, articles, and films on male violence against women for your students, coworkers, family, friends, and lovers. We are interested in sharing our resources with other groups